Saturday, August 22, 2009

...stuck on the 80s

yeah, am still going at it. i think i've rewatched almost all Brat Pack movies.. The Breakfast Club, St. Elmo's Fire, Ferris Bueller, Molly Ringwald films and a whoooole lot more. and i'm far from stopping.. still have Mannequin, Weird Science and About Last Night on my list.. wanted to watch Class too, but can't find it in torrent.. too bad cause I am definitely crushing on Andrew Mccarthy.. harhar.. i just try to forget he's some 40 year old guy now.

random stuff again i found out on the web while IMDBing the whole brat pack gang:

**They're going to remake St. Elmo's Fire to a TV show! but instead of 4 guys and 3 girls, it's 3 girls and 3 boys.. like a wannabe Friends dramedy. Let me just say it for the record.. Bad idea!! Why mess with a classic? Would I watch it? Heck, Yeah!

**I've seen a lot of "where have i seen this actor before" while watching these movies.. I've seen James Spader in Pretty in Pink! I was thinking.. where have i seen this guy.. and I actually connected him to being a TV Lawyer.. one IMDB second later, yup he's in Boston Legal! (should've asked Pangs, he would know. he watches that.)

**Charlie Sheen cameo in Ferris Bueller. he's so friggin hilarious. love him.

oh, it's not an 80s movie but I also watched Adventureland, starring Kristen Stewart and some geeky guy. It's set in the 80s, so it still goes with my theme of the month. I liked it, but then again, I might be biased because i loooove Kristen Stewart. Geeky guy was okay, more Shia LeBeouf geek than SuperBad. (What is it with Hollywood and protagonist geeks anyway? Is there a shortage of drop-dead gorgeous guys? I guess they are more loveable.. I mean, I myself am still crushing on Adam Brody)

Anyway, am in Manila with tsug. sort of in hiatus online, its just logistically more difficult than in SG. will be leaving at the end of week though, so more FB time then. (my Farm has seriously been neglected) Am also trying to undo this habit tsugtsug has of being only able to eat while watching Hi-5 or Yo Gabba Gabba (it has to be either or, else he still won't eat), to which I am wholly responsible for. (what have i done!?) You can see how this poses as a problem, when we're eating in a restaurant. So far, its been slightly successful, albeit i have to feed him spaghetti or soup using my hand. (he seems traumatized by utensils) Be that as it may, i am happy as long as the food finds its way to his mouth sans DJ Lance and Broby.

well.. that's all for now. its been nice going to sleep really early (zero chores here).. will be missing that. bye guys.

3 comments:

rEeYuH said...

i love IMDB. so helpful haha but for asian dramas, wiki is the way to go. hehe

i know it's belated. nag Pinas pala kayo.

geWi said...

yeah, saglit lng kasi eh.

me too (@imdb)!

Cookster said...

Hey Gewi...my site's back up...Musta na si tsugtsug?...mag kita naman tayo nila erlyn with the kids para maglaro...