my birthday's coming up!.. the big 3-0... such a weird number.. signs that i'm growing old:
1. my ultimate friends fantasy is the cast of........ Cougar Town! yeah.. i'd rather be friends with Jules, convert my son's old bedroom to my own jam room and drink wine 24/7 in a big as* wine cup called big joe.. i actually prefer them over the gossip girl bunch or the How i met your mother gang.. GAAH am really getting old! Grayson and Laurie over the Le--gendary Barney.. or Serena! (i guess i don't like serena that much anyway) It's just that Cougar Town never fails to make me laugh out loud whenever i watch an episode.. *boing, chiki-boing boing*.. lol. I can just imagine how tsugtsug will become my own 'Travis' where i'll stalk him when he goes off to college. or when he brings home a girl, we welcome the girl through a medley of songs we composed ourselves. lol.
2. the highlight of my social calendar (as if i have any to begin with) is my own son's field trip! how pathetic to be reallyyyy excited about going to the zoo with gavin and his classmates! but that's exactly what i am.. excited! i practically begged my mother that she allow me to be the one to accompany gavin to his field trip and leave baby binoy in her care. i'm gonna be pumping my boobies off for that one so i'll have enough milk frozen, ready for binoy's consumption on that day.
3. when i receive picture frames as gifts... i actually like them!
4. i stammer whenever i'm asked what my age is... 'ahmm... errr.. 28... oh wait, 29?'. i simply can't remember! maybe now that i'm 30 it'll be easier.. 'thirty' kinda just rolls through your tongue hehe.
5. i'm being called 'Ate' by everyone.. or worse, 'Auntie'.
6. (related to post #5).. I can't really say 'po or opo' every single time i talk to salesladies/security guards/strangers/whatever. I'll just sound condescending instead of respectful! like i'll just get a look that says 'bakit mo ako ino-opo opo eh mas matanda ka saken!'. Now i have to assess if i'm older than them or not. that sucks!
7. i can say 'Iba na ang mga kabataan ngayon'.. without so much as a smirk. as in dead pan serious.
8. i can't stand schoolgirls' giggles and loud talking. *shut the F up! just eat your dinner and get out! lol*
9. i tell my parents to sell us their land before they die. so that the tax we would have to pay is lesser. (inheritance tax is a b*tch!)
10. Olsen Racela is the oldest active player in the PBA. When the hell did that happen?! (It's his last season, he's set to retire this year.)
..there's a bunch more i could think of.. how i get weepy eyed sometimes when i look at my parents.. (if I'M getting older, then so are they!).. how i'm SOOO over Smallville (it's time for him to grow up! put on some tights and learn how to friggin fly.. it's been 10 years, demmit!)..how i creep up to the Young Adult section in a bookstore and quickly pay before anyone sees me while holding a book suitable for teens (but i guess that ship has sailed. should've been embarrassed when i was in my twenties lol)
thinking about aging.. i've now realized how happy i am that i've already given birth to 2 boys.. i am now 90% sure that i don't want to be pregnant anymore.. and that i want to be over with breastfeeding by the age of 32. (at the most!)
and i want to go to friggin Japan by then. just let me cross out that one from my wish list please.